Saturday, February 16, 2008

Busy....

I woke this morning at 10:30 to the sound of a ringing phone. It was the woman I was supposed to have met at 10 am to rehearse with. She was understanding, and we finally got together about an hour later. It took me some time to find the music she wanted to play, since, well, I am always in the throes of reorganizing my sheet music. It went well though. This was flute, for a church performance on next Sunday.

But I am tired! It's been a great week of concerts, events, writing, and other work. I have about three jobs at the moment, including my freelancing (I like to call it consulting), which means I have multiple clients at any one time, and it is hard prioritizing everyone.

So, I thought, wow, Saturday! Time to sleep in, then go to breakfast at this lovely little coffee shop with my husband. We didn't have time. Monday, for sure.

Another concert tonight, which I am looking forward to, but I really have to make more time for cello practicing, as it is getting lost in the rush. Tomorrow, for sure.

5 comments:

gottagopractice said...

I know, I know...

CelloGeek said...

Oops! I hope your work/life balance gets a little more tilted towards having time to practice cello!

MMG said...

Sounds as bad as what I did on Monday. Got home after doing a sub at 4pm, went to sleep, got up around 7pm and cooked dinner. Forgot entirely about the music lesson I was supposed to give at 6:30 pm. I remembered at 10pm. This is our brain on "overload"

Maricello said...

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one! Or...maybe we all ought to slow down a little!

Last night's concert featured 2 harp concertos, which was lovely and relaxing.

And, I am happy to say that I had a good cello practice this morning, and hope to practice again later. Feels good, doesn't it!

cellodonna said...

Ditto what GGP said! Where does the time go? I keep my day planner updated, so I rarely forget appointments, but lately I haven't been checking off a whole lot of "to-dos."