Monday, June 2, 2008

Concert approaching...

My flute group is playing for a local arts festival on June 21. We're sort of ready. I am playing two pieces on cello: Haydn's London Trios, just the first trio (which has 3 movements), and The Little Red Monkey, a contemporary frolic, in which I play the bouncy baseline. I am somewhat sort of ready, but really need to find time to practice in the sort of three weeks we have remaining until the concert (especially the 3rd movement of the Haydn, which is vivace).

Last year when we played this event, there were gusts of wind that it blew the notes back into my flute. And, even clustered in a tight horseshoe shape, we had a hard time hearing each other. Why do we keep doing this? It's fun. We don't really attract huge crowds because there are three stages in operation at any one time, as well as tents full of artists and artisans, children's activities, and food, but I enjoy being part of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely reds on the cello, can we hear your music online?

Maricello said...

Hi Learn to draw, I don't have any of my music online at the moment, but always considering trying to record something. :-) Maybe I will record the concert, as I sound better in an ensemble!

Marilee Rockley said...

It sounds like fun! At these outdoor festivals, the acoustics aren't the best but you are contributing to a festive atmosphere. Hope everyone has a great time!
BTW, recording it does sound like a good idea.