Thursday, March 8, 2007

My Lesson

My lesson was Monday, but it has been a busy week. My lessons are always good. Not necessarily because I have practiced effectively, but because my teacher always finds some bit of progress I have made and celebrates it.

I hadn't practiced for about three weeks, except for the imagined bowing I did when I was in Cincinnati, without either sheet music or CD. I had the piece sort of memorized, in that I knew the bowing, but couldn't automatically bow correctly, in three different areas of the piece where the bowing is just slightly different. So, I worked, with my imaginary cello, on making those bowings more automatic. Briefly, though, because it hurt my head.

So, the bottom line is that the imagined bowing exercise did actually help reinforce the proper bowing, and the bowing was cause for celebration this time. I will try to continue with the mental practicing, in hopes of being able to do it without the brain stress.

No comments: