Monday, March 3, 2008

I am so proud!

My daughter was interviewed for an article on the voting habits of young people, or, as this article refers to them:
the Millennials, or alternatively Generation Y or the iGen — the group of people born between roughly 1980 to 1990 who have grown up with the Internet a defining reality in their lives.
I have never heard of this generation being referred to as the "Millennials." Shouldn't that be the generation born between 2000 and 2010? What do I know? The Internet defines reality in my life too. :-)

Anyway, my daughter is one of the people who thinks it is important to take part in the political process, and I am proud of her.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The Millenial tag comes froma book called "Generations". It's an older book, but it was an amazing study on the types of generations we have in our society.

And yea for your daughter!

Maricello said...

Thanks for that information, Melissa. I googled the term and came up with a definition: "a bunch of bright, concerned, connected and technologically savvy kids that work and play well with others."

Sounds encouraging!