Friday, August 10, 2007

All my bags are packed....

I am leaving in the morning for Scottish Fiddle Camp. I'm carpooling in to Boston with another camper, a fiddler who lives nearby, and bringing a rental cello for a camper flying in from California. I've also had some e-mail discussion with another camper, and phone and e-mail conversations with various staff members.

So, I almost feel like I already know people and can just jump right into camp routine without going through that sometimes awkward and shy getting-to-know-you phase. :-)

This is a long camp: mid-day Saturday to mid-day Saturday. Other camps I have attended have started with receptions on Sunday night, followed by a Monday-Friday camp. We're going right into classes on Sunday morning. There are four classes a day, and three of them will be cello. I may take beginning fiddling (on the fiddle) in the 4th period, play cello with a beginning or intermediate fiddle group, or just take a nap. Evenings are for concerts, dancing, and playing [music] at parties. And naps.

3 comments:

Guanaco said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

cellodonna said...

Have a great time! Give us a full report.

Maricello said...

Thanks for the good wishes! I will blog if there is an Internet connection, but that is uncertain.