Thursday, August 30, 2007

Classical Interpretations, with humor

These aren't exactly Suzuki tunes, but I enjoyed them and wanted to share them. The first is Sid Caesar and Nanette Fabray pantomiming an argument to Beethoven's Fifth, from Sid Caesar's 1950s "Your Show of Shows.




I can't get the second one to post correctly so follow this link:
Jack Benny and Isaac Stern

Jack Benny and Isaac Stern play Bach's Double Violin Concerto in d minor. I have played this on flute, though not entirely successfully, as the second part drops below the flute range quite frequently! A friend played cello in a version for 2 violins and cello, but I haven't tried that yet. I'm not sure if this is a Suzuki violin piece, but most of the violin students play it.

There are a lot more Jack-Benny-playing-the-violin videos on YouTube. I saw him play violin when I was young, and he remains a favorite of mine.

No comments: